How to Effectively Organize and Manage Projects, Versions, Translations and Content Automation
March 2018 in Utrecht – exact date to be announced
Together with partner Intuilllion, iDTP presents a special training for managing DITA projects.
|Date: March 2018
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Costs: €350, incl. lunch.
Make your reservation to ensure participation:
This 1-day classroom course is intended for those technical communicators who are already familiar with DITA or are in the process of starting with DITA and want to improve their efficiency in organizing and managing DITA content.
By the end of the training day, you will be able to:
- Identify the most effective ways to organize your content in maps
- Understand different mechanisms for handling variable content (for example, product-specific text or images) available in DITA and identify which one would be the most efficient in each particular case
- Understand different mechanisms for content reuse and identify which one would be the most efficient in each particular case
- Build controlled vocabularies for profiling variable content
- Understand how metadata can enable automated content assembly, publication, and generation
- Understand different ways to define and assign metadata and identify which one would be the most efficient in each particular case
The course assumes that you are more or less familiar with DITA.
Session I. Organizing topics into maps
- Overview of different approaches to organize maps: Keeping everything in a single map vs. Creating a separate map per deliverable
- Advantages and disadvantages of each approach
- Different approaches to swap variable values (e.g., product names)
Session II. Handling content variations
- When conditional content is not effective. Alternatives to conditional content.
- Swapping product-specific images
- Swapping product-specific content
- Constraining the allowed values of conditional attributes
Session III. Using Metadata
- Why metadata? How content processes can be automated if metadata is provided
- What it takes to define metadata
- Overview of different approaches to define and assign metadata: embedded metadata vs. external metadata
- Embedding metadata to DITA topics
- Defining metadata taxonomy and assigning metadata to DITA topics
Session IV. Content Automation
- Understanding what content automation is and when it is valuable
- Real-life examples of content automation
- What it takes to automate content
Costs of this classroom training: €350 per participant. This is including lunch and refreshments.
For more information: Send mail to iDTP.